This course is an eight-week self-study program that provides candidates with a complete overview on how to leverage digital and social assets for a sports property in the football industry.
The course looks at the latest trends including monetization, penetrating emerging markets, planning a successful digital media strategy, executing digital campaigns, leveraging the tone and social media voice, as well as online sponsorship management and athlete brand management.
DOWNLOAD PROSPECTUS HERE
The program is designed for seasoned professionals and/or recent graduates looking to work in the areas of digital and social media marketing,
online brand management and CRM within the football industry.
We have developed an integral learning system consisting of live weekly web conferences with industry professionals and like-minded peers,
complemented with an interactive online platform designed to develop the skills required to work in the sports digital media sector.
Our e-learning platform consists of football specific case studies, practical course work and a dynamic learning environment with students from
across the globe.
Submit the contact form below to receive additional information from our admissions office.
*Be sure to check your junk folder in case you have not heard from our team.
The Football Digital Marketing & Social Media Online Course consists of the following modules:
Module 1 - The digital revolution in the football industry – how football clubs are embracing new ways of engaging with consumers
Module 2 – The power and influence of social media in emerging football markets – reaching a new fan base beyond your borders
Module 3 – Athletes and social media as a communication tool - best practices to communicate and market personal image of football
players through social media properties
Module 4 – New media strategy at governing bodies and major international tournaments – building a strong social media presence
at international events and competitions
Module 5 – Fan Engagement & Data Analytics – VR, E-sports business intelligence, CRM, data extraction and contextualization.
Module 6 – Creating web content that sells and engages – how football clubs sell through various new media outlets to different
markets in the digital era. Includes new material on emerging social media platforms
Module 7 – Sports journalism in the digital era – blogging, website reporting and digital media
Module 8 – Social media and global brands – marketing non-sports products through football and social media
*All modules are taught in English. Please note that some program content may be subject to change.
Our interactive methodology combines web conference sessions with industry professionals with an integral online platform
that consists of practical readings, football-specific case studies, forums and discussion groups that ensure that the concepts are
learned, implemented and evaluated.
Our approach to learning consists of the following structure:
1. Individual preparation - reading of cases, articles and technical notes from the interactive online platform
2. Recorded Web Conference sessions led by industry professional - sharing of professional experiences, best practices, lessons learned and conclusions drawn from each session
3. Implementation and evaluation - students are evaluated through hands-on assignments and interactive online tests
4. Direct contact with Course Instructor - students have access to SBI's tutoring team via email, Whatsapp and other digital channels
The course is imparted by a team of tutors led by the Institute's Director, Diego Valdes, FIFA and UEFA accredited media representative and sports marketing consultant.
He has provided training to executives from across the football industry at a global level including clubs, federations, sports marketing agencies and media outlets such as
FIFA, Club Wembley, the English Premier League, Newcastle United, West Ham United, Major League Soccer, Goal.com, the Mexican Football Federation, Soccerex among
many others .
The Sports Business Institute Barcelona also brings together industry executives from football clubs, governing bodies and corporations from across Europe to provide students
with the most relevant and up-to-date information from the football industry through online guest speaker sessions.
Current & Previous Guest Speakers have included:
Richard Lamb, Managing Director in Asia, Inter Milan
Joaquim Cardona, Former Head of Digital Business, FC Barcelona
Oscar Ugaz, Former Digital Business Manager, Real Madrid
Alex Kunawicz, Former Head of Content, Liverpool FC
Laura Gabbidon, Marketing Manager, Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
Jamie Ponce, Head of Ticketing, New York Red Bulls
Chris Crouch, Sales Executive, Club Wembley & IMG
Yeray Romera, Senior Marketing & Online Manager, EA Sports - FIFA Video Games
Conrado Molina, Former Marketing & Sponsorship Manager, Real Zaragoza FC
Victor Alvarado, Chief Marketing Officer, Mexican Football Federation
Our practical methodology together with the opportunity to network with top football executives will enhance students´ possibilities of landing a position in the football industry in the following areas:
• Digital business professionals at football clubs and federations
• Corporate communications roles in the sports industry
• Business Intelligence & CRM Analysts in football clubs, federations, and brands
• Community Managers and Digital media professionals in football
• Corporate marketing and sports blogging
• Sports journalism in all its branches: television, radio, internet and newsprint
• Recorded weekly sessions with an industry professional via web conference
• Access to online campus with football case studies, articles & interactive forums
• Pedagogical support via email with SBI´s faculty
• Career advice & access to job bank and internship opportunities in football
• Academic certificate of completion