Next intake 23 October 2017
Duration 8 Months
Fee € 7,500
The Postgraduate Degree in Football Business Management is an eight-month online program that has been designed to bridge the gap between an academic approach to sports management education and the real-life environment of the football industry. It iis meant to be done in parallel with other professional commitments. The required weekly dedication is between 10 to 15 hours.
The program is backed by the reputation of the Sports Business Institute Barcelona, leaders in executive online training education for the football industry and Visionary Sports Investment, the creators of the world-leading MSc degree in Sporting Directorship run in relationship with the Centre for Sports Business at Salford University Business School.
The program has been designed with the objective of enhancing the development of the football industry, enabling learners from around the globe to enter into a truly international program with guest speakers from the top football organizations worldwide.
Download the prospectus here.
The program is aimed at those looking to start or advance their career in the business side of the football industry.
Candidates will be prepared to influence and lead change across all sectors within football. You will hone your leadership through a highly personalized development program to be equipped with a powerful combination of strong business acumen and real-life knowledge about the football industry.
Key Benefits of the program include:
- World class curriculum and teaching by faculty from the the top football clubs, governing bodies, sports brands, media outlets and athlete representation firms worldwide.
- Peer-to-peer learning through virtual lectures, online classroom discussion groups, project reviews and 360° feedback.
- Selective entrance criterion ensuring quality for the program and optimizing networking opportunities
To ensure you are fully prepared for a wide range of professional challenges, the course curriculum covers all business areas across the football industry.
The well-rounded curriculum is divided into three terms that cover the following areas:
1. Introduction to the Business of Football
2. Football Marketing & Sponsorship – Part I
3. Football Marketing & Sponsorship – Part II
4. Stadium Management and Club Operations in Football
5. Financial Management in Football
6. Digital Business Management in Football
7. CRM and Data Analytics in Football
8. Football Fan Engagement and Community Relations
9. Media and Communications in Football
10. Emerging Markets in Football
11. Performance Management in Football
12. Football HR and Career Management
13. Player Representation in the Football Industry
14. Football Law and Legislation
15. Athlete Brand Management in Football
16. Final Project
As an optional complement to the program we oﬀer you the possibility of attending a graduation ceremony and a corporate football tour in Barcelona consisting of the following:
Studying the Postgraduate in Football Business Management you will benefit from the latest technology-enabled education. Our interactive methodology combines live web conferences led by top football industry professionals with an integral online platform through which the contents of the program are delivered.
The guest lecturers for the Postgraduate in Football Business Management are leaders in their fields. Many of them have experience working in the top football clubs in the world and others have active consulting practices and other businesses within the football industry.
Their broad expertise creates a range and depth of courses unavailable at any other online football business management program.
The course is led by Diego Valdes, Director at the Sports Business Institute Barcelona and Tony Faulkner, Co-Founder of Visionary Sports Investment and former Performance Manager at Manchester City Football Club.
Together they have provided training to executives from across the football industry at a global level including clubs, federations, and media outlets such as FIFA, Club Wembley, Liverpool FC, Manchester United, Manchester City FC, West Ham United,PSG, Inter Milan, Juventus, Galatasaray,the Mexican Football Federation among numerous other top sports properties.
Our team is dedicated to connecting students with a wide range of executives and employers from across the football industry to build your network and optimize your career opportunities.
As alumni you will receive the following services:
- Access to programs and workshops with industry executives
- Recruiting events in football
- Individual career advising
- Lifelong support as alumni
An internship provides students with hands-on practice and valuable industry experience. As a student of the Postgraduate in Football Business Management you will develop in-depth knowledge in all areas of the football industry increasing your value across all sectors.
You will have the support of our staff in helping you find the perfect internship opportunity to show your potential to employers across the football industry.
Although internships are not guaranteed in the program, numerous candidates have gone on to secure them based on different criteria such as age, prior experience in the industry and geographical location.
Below you will find the criteria required to be admitted to the Postgraduate in Football Business Management Online.
*Exceptions will be made for individuals with relevant sports industry experience.
1. Fill out online registration form on this page
2. Upload your CV and cover letter in English. Cover letter should include your motivations for applying to the program and previous relevant experience.
3. Complete payment online of application fee of 750 Euros by filling out the form on this page and clicking on the "Register" button.
4. Once the application fee payment has been received, a member of our team will contact you to schedule a personal virtual interview with the Program Director(s).
5. Within 48 hours after your interview you will receive a written notice informing you if you have been accepted to the program.
6. Upon acceptance you must complete the payment of the outstanding course tuition balance of 6,750 Euros by bank transfer before October 15th, 2017. (Bank details will be sent to you via email)
*Application fee is fully refundable for those candidates that are not accepted into the program.
**To find out more about our payment plan by installments please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.