Language ENGLISH OR SPANISH
Next intake February 19
Duration 2 Months
Fee € 695
The course is an eight-week program that provides students with a complete look into the football industry from the perspective of marketing, sponsorship, athlete representation, media and event management.
The program is designed for those looking to start or advance their professional career in the football/soccer industry in the areas of marketing, sponsorship, athlete representation, media and event management.
We have developed an integral learning system consisting of live weekly web conferences with industry professionals and like-minded peers, complemented with an interactive online platform designed to develop the skills through football-specific case studies, practical course work and a multicultural learning environment.
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced executive, the program will provide you with the hands-on learning experience, skills and networking opportunities to get ahead in the football industry.
Submit the contact form below to receive additional information from our admissions office.
*Sometimes our emails may end up in the spam/junk folder of some providers. Be sure to check in case you have not heard from our team.
The Football Marketing & Management - Online Course is divided into eight modules that are designed to equip and prepare professionals to develop a successful career path and enhance their opportunities to work in the football industry. The course is structured in the following manner:
Module 1 – Introduction to football marketing and the business of sport - satisfying the needs of today’s international football consumers
Module 2 – Business development at top European football clubs – matchday, tv broadcasting rights, and commercial revenue
Module 3 – Successful football sponsorship partnerships – best practices between sponsors and rights holders
Module 4 – Athlete representation in football- the role of the agent/agency in the professional football industry
Module 5 – Individual athlete sponsorship in football - the winning relationship between a commercial brand and a football brand ambassador
Module 6 – Ambush marketing in football – protecting football properties and defending sponsors’ brands
Module 7 – Strategic football event management – major international football competitions as vehicles for economic, social and cultural impact
Module 8 – Digisport & social media – new ways for football clubs and organizations to communicate with sport consumers and novel approaches to marketing activities.
Our interactive methodology combines live weekly web conferences with industry professionals with an integral online platform that consists of practical readings, football-specific case studies, forums and discussion groups that ensure that the concepts are learned, implemented and evaluated.
Our approach to learning consists of the following structure:
1. Individual Preparation – reading of cases, articles and technical notes from the interactive online platform
2. Group Discussion – interactive discussions via email, forums and social networks with classmates
3. Weekly Web Conference session led by industry professional – sharing of professional experiences, best practices, lessons learned and conclusions drawn from each session
4. Implementation & Evaluation – students are evaluated through hands-on assignments and interactive online tests
The course is imparted by a team of tutors led by the Institute's Director, Diego Valdes, FIFA and UEFA accredited media representative and sports marketing consultant. He has provided training to executives from across the football industry at a global level including clubs, federations, sports marketing agencies and media outlets such as FIFA, Club Wembley, the English Premier League, Newcastle United, West Ham United, Major League Soccer, Goal.com, the Mexican Football Federation, Soccerex among many others .
The Sports Business Institute Barcelona also brings together industry executives from football clubs, governing bodies and corporations from across Europe to provide students with the most relevant and up-to-date information from the football industry through online guest speaker sessions.
Current & Previous Guest Speakers have included:
Richard Lamb, Managing Director in Asia, Inter Milan
Joaquim Cardona, Former Head of Digital Business, FC Barcelona
Oscar Ugaz, Former Digital Business Manager, Real Madrid
Alex Kunawicz, Former Head of Content, Liverpool FC
Laura Gabbidon, Marketing Manager, Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
Jamie Ponce, Head of Ticketing, New York Red Bulls
Chris Crouch, Sales Executive, Club Wembley & IMG
Yeray Romera, Senior Marketing & Online Manager, EA Sports - FIFA Video Games
Conrado Molina, Former Marketing & Sponsorship Manager, Real Zaragoza FC
Victor Alvarado, Chief Marketing Officer, Mexican Football Federation
Our practical methodology together with the opportunity to network with top football executives will enhance students´ possibilities of landing a position in the football industry in the following areas:
• Marketing, sales, ticketing, media, and other executive positions in sports clubs, associations, federations and governing bodies
• Marketing and sponsorship departments of multinational firms
• Sports communication agencies and media outlets
• Representation and event management agencies
• Administrations responsible for sporting event organization and management
• Live weekly sessions with an industry professional via web conference
• Access to online campus with football case studies, articles & interactive forums
• Pedagogical support via email with SBI´s faculty
• Career advice & access to job bank and internship opportunities in football
• Academic certificate of completion